My Son

March 11, 2005 by Isaac Hovet

I have always been afraid to have a son . . . But here he is and who could be afraid of him? Any suggestions for being the father of a son?
Posted by Hello

Advertisements

7 thoughts on “My Son

1. Pablo says:

Congratulations!

2. Bridger says:

Thank you very much . . .

3. Glass says:

Kiss them, kiss them, kiss them. I love seeing fathers and sons who are close. This weekend in the NY airport I watched a late twenty-something and his father say good bye to each other. The son kissed the father on the cheek and they exchanged a long embrace. I thought it was a beautiful example of a father who was probably affectionate with his son his entire life. I’m sure they went through the standard, “dad is not cool stage, so don’t touch me”, but something stuck along the way that made the son feel comfortable in giving his good old Dad a kiss on the cheek. I loved it, and I prayed to God that Kaeden and I would someday share a similar moment. Currently the most important thing is to place a baby wipe over their “little guy” when you bend down to pick up a diaper. At least 3-4 times during his first 6 months, I came back up with a fountain of fun to clean up.

4. Bridger says:

Good advice, both for the long run and the short. Thanks for your words. There is a part of me that is a bit afraid of that becuase, although my dad and I have a great relationship, I wouldn’t say that we have been very affectionate over the years. It is something that I will have to work on. So when are we going to do dinner?

5. Dad "D" says:

Couz– Laugh a lot! Just enjoy each moment as they come (good and bad). Don’t be afraid, not only did you have a great dad but you also have a great Dad who will be with you all the way through. Be willing to make mistakes. It is a thrill to have a son! We will be praying for you!

6. Bridger,

I really want to have a son, but I’ve felt a little nervous at the prospect too. If I do (and even if I don’t) let’s take our kids camping…in a year to two!

7. Bridger,